Andy

Andy

Labels

Thursday 21 January 2010

"Blaspheme" Against...Satan?

RE: ep one - I had it mentioned to me by a couple of people that I may have been wrong to have stated the word "blaspheme" in context of Andy not wanting to say Satan or Hell. They said, "Surely it would be blasphemous to talk about Hell only if you were a satanist?"
I certainly laughed at that one! That gave me a giggle for quite a few minutes.

I will now clarify it though.
Under the definition for blaspheme, you will find that it is indeed words spoken against God, however, there's a second usage for it as general cursing:
"curse: utter obscenities or profanities"
Not that any of it matters anyway, even if I was wrong, because he doesn't know what it means. In fact I STILL don't think he knows what it means.

No comments:

Post a Comment